- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Spread sour cream to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheese-Filled Meat Loaf
"We were very disappointed, especially in light of the rave reviews. But this is the worst meatloaf I have ever had. I did not even want to finish eating it. We have had other meatloaves with cheese and found them delicious. I think the addition of the sour cream was just too creamy for us and did not pair well with the ground beef in the proportions suggested."
"I have made this recipe many times, probably 4 times a year for several years. My family loves it, and it is definitely different from the standard tomato based meatloaf.I've never had the issue of stuff coming through the top. I think if you are having that issue, you need to make sure that you have formed a solid, even, base with your meatloaf mix and use caution while rolling.Also, I just noticed that I don't add celery, sage, or ground mustard. I don't buy those very often."
"I hate to say that this meatloaf recipe is a DUD. I followed the directions exactly. But the top cracked, the filling oozed out, it just looked awful. I am so glad I didn't have company tonight. (Yeah we ate it anyway) Not sure why it cracked like that, but I think that it has too much moisture (maybe use less milk next time or more binder). Also, be careful because the sour cream itself adds moisture."
"Very good and different meatloaf. I made this for a family dinner and everyone liked it."
"Best Meat Loaf"
"You just cant go wrong with olives, cheese, and sour cream!"
"My husband asks for this delicious meatloaf again and again!"
"This is the best meal loaf ever! I don't always have the olives on hand so I just leave them out and it's still amazingly delicious! One of our families favorites!"
"This meatloaf was very moist and smelled delicious within minutes of starting to bake. The one change I would make would be to chop the olives finer. Slices leave you with a large chunk of olive to chew in some bites."
"My husband loves this recipe. Can you tell me if there is a trick to keeping the sour cream from coming out thru the top of the loaf?"