- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli and cheese soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce oven setting to 350°. Sprinkle pastry shell with 1/2 cup cheese. In a large bowl, combine eggs, soup and milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheddar Broccoli Quiche
"Delicious! I served this with maple sausage and lemon poppy seed muffins."
"I had to cook this for more than double (almost triple) the time specified in the recipe, and it still came out watery and undercooked. I followed the instructions exactly."
"I make this at least once a month. GOOD!"
"I made this on July 12,2008 for my family and friends and they loved it. This is a keeper for sure."