This pretty fruit punch has just the right amount of sweetness. The ice ring keeps it cool for hours without diluting the flavor. —Marci Carl, Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes16 servings (about 1 gallon)
- ICE RING:
- 1-3/4 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint sprigs
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 4 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- For ice ring, in a bowl, combine orange juice and water. Pour 2 cups into a 4-1/2-cup ring mold. Freeze until solid. Top with fresh strawberries and mint. Slowly pour remaining juice mixture into mold to almost cover strawberries and mint. Freeze until solid.
- For punch, place thawed strawberries in a blender; cover and puree until smooth. Pour into a large serving or punch bowl. Add the apricot nectar, orange juice concentrate, water, lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and add ice ring.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 140 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Celebration Punch in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.