Caramel-Apple Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- APPLE LAYER:
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, butter and brown sugar. Press onto the bottom of a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, flour and sugar; spoon over crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over apples.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth; pour over cream cheese layer. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over caramel.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 13, 2017
Best bars ever!!!! Everyone who has tried them wants the recipe. Have made twice now. They are time consuming, but sooo worth it. They are more like a dessert than a bar, very rich. Thank you so much for a great recipe. ( I also used Kraft caramels}.
May 5, 2013
This recipe is one of the best I have tried!!
Oct 23, 2012
P.S. I used Kraft caramels instead of Werthers cause I had some on hand. turned out great!
Oct 23, 2012
I made these bars and took them into work. Everyone wanted the recipe. These were one of the best bars I have ever tried. It takes a little time to prepare but are well worth the effort.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.