- 1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the vegetables and olives.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Reviews forCalifornia Pasta Salad
"Begging to be personally tweaked ,one whole-bottled dressing ? Is too much"
"I've made this pasta ?? dish twice now an it's a big hit !'"
"I made this without the olives and added more fresh grated parm. This is a really tasty spaghetti salad. Has a little more flavor than the standard. Also, I found the poppy seeds unnecessary. They didn't add any flavor. I'm going to make this again for the next potluck. easy to double or cut in half."
"Made this exactly as written and took it to a potluck luncheon. It was disappointing to say the least! It was soggy and tasteless. It didn't look particularly appetizing, people took small portions and I sadly noticed a fair amount left on plates to be dumped in the garbage. My usual offerings have always been popular at potlucks. Can't say I was impressed."
"I LOVE this pasta salad! and so do all my friends! Someone always asks me for the recipe. I add an extra zucchini because I love it, and used 3 peppers in stead of two (no green ones). I followed the suggestion to use Ken's Italian dressing with Romano cheese and it was delish! Be sure to make it the day before like it says and you will enjoy every bite! I added chicken once and it was excellent!"
"Perfect as it, however I may add a few sliced pepperocinis the next time I make this to add just a bit of zing! Awesome meatless meal too!!"
"really good! you can adjust the salad ingredients to your families tastes. very very versatile!!"