Buttery Horseradish Corn on the Cob
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- In a small bowl, mix the first eight ingredients until blended; spread over corn. Wrap each with a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square), sealing tightly.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 203 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 8, 2018
I used creamed horseradish sauce instead of prepared horseradish. What a wonderful ear of grilled corn.
Aug 11, 2016
Made this for a get together with friends and family, along with pull pork sliders and potato salad. and everyone raved about the corn. Delicious was the word of the day!
Sep 7, 2015
I made this for a labor day party yesterday and it turned out really good. You get the kick of the horseradish after. We also added it to the jalape?o corn bread I made. I doubled the recipe so I can also try it on other things as well like toolbarco suggested.
Jun 27, 2015
Talk about a versatile recipe! The corn on the cob version was absolutely delicious but I agree with others that using the "sauce" in a variety of other recipes is awesome. Pasta, chicken, beef, vegetables--the sauce would pair well with any of these. I look forward to playing with this one!!
Jun 24, 2015
I made the full recipe for the buttery horseradish topping, even tho I was making only two ears of corn, not on the grill , but in the oven. I wrapped both ears in the same foil packet, baked in a 375? oven for 15 minutes, turning twice, and loved the results. I used the remaining topping for another totally different dish, chicken and pasta, and was amazed at how good that was, too. Hats off to Trish for a wonderful recipe.
Jun 16, 2015
Only difference for me is to melt the butter and shake salt and pepper over the buttered corn.
Jun 11, 2015
My husband and I really liked this!
May 26, 2015
EXCELLENT when mixed with ground beef, formed into hamburgers!good on corn!