Brunch Berry Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter. cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until crust is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until set. Cool to room temperature.
- For topping, process mixed berries and sugar in a blender or food processor until blended. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add mixed berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set mixture aside to cool, stirring frequently.
- Spread berry mixture over the cream cheese layer. Arrange fresh fruit on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 328 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 5, 2015
Found a great way to simplify the recipe and reduce the cost. Instead of the topping ingredients listed in the recipe, I bought the following: 16 oz. pkg. (2 cups) strawberries, 8 oz. pkg. (1 cup) blueberries, 8 oz. pkg. (1 cup) raspberries, and 14 oz. pkg. strawberry glaze (in fresh fruit section of most grocery stores). Instead of step 3 of directions, I sliced the strawberries, reserving the large round slices for the top layer. I mashed the rest of the strawberry pieces and added them to the strawberry glaze. Then I spread the glaze with strawberry pieces over the cream cheese layer and arranged the other fresh berries and strawberry slices on top. Served it to neighbors last night to rave reviews--and had blueberries left over for pancakes this morning!
Apr 23, 2015
A beautiful dessert and so tasty!! It's such a pretty dessert to serve and your guests will feel very special!
May 18, 2012
love this dessert although it is on the expensive side. Made it when berries were on sale. Beautiful to the eye and very delicious.
May 18, 2012
I have had this recipe for years but finally made it last week. Berries were on sale but still expensive. Very tasty and beautiful to look at. I will make again when berries are on sale.
Aug 12, 2011
This is VERY GOOD! I made it the night before taking it into work. I was afraid that the crust would become soggy, but it didn't. Great item for a hot summer day.
Jul 28, 2011
This is very good. However, it uses a lot of dishes to make.
May 8, 2010
Made this for today for mothers day dinner that I hosted. Very Good! Everyone enjoyed it, definitely a keeper. My mom said that it was the best dessert pizza ever!
Mar 27, 2009
This is one of the best recipes I have ever had! I love that it is beautiful and delicious. It's a tad costly when you have to purchase berries and they aren't in season. And it's a tad hard to cut because the berries want to keep rolling off. But I think it's definitely worth it. I've served it at a brunch and everyone wanted the recipe. it was a big sensation!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.