Brownies a la Mode
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream and maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oil and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For fudge sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar, cocoa, water, corn syrup, vanilla and salt until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and sauce is smooth, stirring frequently.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Cut into eighteen 3x2-in. rectangles. Top each brownie with ice cream, fudge sauce and a cherry.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled brownies in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 7, 2015
Brownie was amazing but it did stick to the foil. So maybe I didn't put enough spray. I may try just in pan next time. It did take an extra 10 mins to bake. At 30 mins I put heat to 350 and added 10 mins. Very good!!! I will make sauce tonight ( :