Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over brownies. In a small bowl, whisk milk and dry pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes; spread over the cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Chill until serving.
May 6, 2017
Good, but next time I would make 2 boxes of pudding.
Apr 2, 2015
my favorite brownie to make - eating it right now - yum
Apr 24, 2014
I don't often post a review, but my husband (who is very picky and doesn't often rave over something) and I think this is one of our top new favorite desserts! Delicious! Easy to make, and just as good the following days. I left off the nuts. And used low fat ingredients. Still delicious!
Jul 2, 2013
I made this but used vanilla pudding instead and added 3/4 cups of peanut butter to pudding. I also chopped up 5 resses cups and folded it into the top layer of whipped topping. It was a huge hit.
Apr 20, 2013
gotta try this , it looks delicious thats for sure. but i need a couple things first
Mar 23, 2012
Two thumbs up!!!
May 7, 2011
Great recipe. Will make more often. Made it exactly to instructions (did not top with nuts) and it came out great looking and great tasting.
Jan 17, 2010
Great combination of chocolate and whipped cream. Everyone loved it and I make it often for many events.
Jan 3, 2010
wow is all i can say. this is super easy as its a "semi-homemade" deal yet very very good. my brownies were a bit over done but still good just got a bit hard in the fridge were i assume you have to keep this due to the cheese and pudding aspects. i made these for xmas to bring to my bf parents and wow they were impressed his mother actualy told me that i wasnt allowed to come over for the holidays without bringing these again lol, and she still doesnt belive me its super easy to make. lol a bit hard to transport out of the pan to a storage container but so worth it. i omitted the nuts and shaved chocolate for the top looks fab and a bit fancy. :)
Nov 26, 2009
This is my son's favorite. He requests it as his birthday cake. I use only 8 oz of cream cheese and 1 -1/2 cups of confec. sugar - it seems to be enough. I garnish w/ chocolate shavings instead of nuts.. Deliciious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.