Almond Truffle Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, extract and melted chips. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, melt chips and cream over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over filling. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate at least 1 hour longer before cutting.
Dec 10, 2017
I've been making this exact recipe since 1990. (Except I use amaretto.) It was given to me by my Secret Santa. It's a favorite.
Dec 10, 2011
These are amazing! Very rich and decadent and everyone loves them! I used homemade brownies instead of a mix, and left the nuts out of the dough, but they still turned out great.
Aug 16, 2009
that looks extremely delicious!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.