Blond Brownies a la Mode
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- MAPLE CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the sauce, combine syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Cut brownies into squares; cut in half if desired.
- Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream. Top with sauce; sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2019
I am always looking for an easy adaptable recipe which I can make dairy free (severe family allergies). In this case I replace coconut butter for the butter and almond milk for the evaporated milk. It is an easy and delightful dessert. Thanks for sharing.
Jan 13, 2019
These are good but cake-like given the ingredients. Use a brownie recipe, omitting the chocolate and use all white sugar or half brown and half white. All brown sugar makes them darker. Also, thin sauce with heavy cream instead of opening a can of condensed milk for 1/4 c. add sugar if needed. I'm pretty sure Applebee's uses walnuts, instead of pecans.
Jul 1, 2017
The sauce for these brownies makes these soo good!! Will fix again!!
Aug 22, 2014
Good, but this is really more of a cake than a brownie. I was looking forward to something gooey and brownie-like and got a cake. It is good, but not what I was looking for.
Aug 3, 2014
Jul 30, 2014
Yummy I added chocolate chips
Jul 30, 2014
Great for church dinners
Jul 3, 2012
Liked the sauce but the blondies are too cake like not gooey like brownines....would use a different brownie recipe with the sauce.
May 15, 2012
This was a delicious recipe that I made on Mother's Day. Everyone loved it.
Apr 17, 2012
As an update to my review below.... If you're looking for an Applebee's warm maple butter sauce (like I was), the sauce in this recipe isn't it. The Applebee's version is:1/2 c. butter (soft), 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 1/4 c. cream cheese (soft), 2 T. Maple Syrup, 1/4 tsp. salt. Cream together in microwavable bowl. Heat 30 seconds or so until just melted. Serve warm over ice cream and blondie. It's wonderful!!!!!!!!