Sleeping Bag Blondies
Next time your kiddos have a slumber party, make these blondies. Mint candies make pillows for little gumball heads that peek out from colorful sleeping bags. —Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- 1-1/2 cups white frosting
- Brown, yellow, green, orange, pink and blue gel food coloring
- 8 large marshmallows
- 16 miniature vanilla wafers
- Optional: Assorted sprinkles and mini honey bear-shaped crackers
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownie from pan. Trim 1/2 in. off edges. Cut remaining brownie lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into eight bars to make 16 sleeping bags.
- Tint 1/4 cup frosting brown and 2 tablespoons yellow; transfer to two resealable plastic bags. Cut a small hole in a corner of each bag and set aside. Divide remaining frosting among four bowls; tint green, orange, pink and blue. Spread each of the four frostings over four brownies, reserving a small amount of each frosting to attach wafers.
- For pillows, cut marshmallows vertically in half; place on one end of brownies, cut side down. Attach vanilla wafers to pillows. Pipe faces and hair on wafers using brown and yellow frostings. If desired, decorate with sprinkles and teddy bear crackers.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 392 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.