Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in butter and shortening until smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; pour batter into pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownies out of pan. Discard foil. Cut brownies with a 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter or into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 326 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 20, 2017
I have been making this exact recipe since I was in the 3rd grade. I have tried others over the years, but I always come back to this one. Perfect little crust on top and nice and moist in the center. Perfect!
May 8, 2017
Best brownies we have ever had! I know my kids will always cherish this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing it!
Feb 3, 2016
These are rich and chocolatey. They have a nice, moist fudgey texture. I let mine bake for only about 25 minutes, as the toothpick came out clean on mine at that amount of time. I did add mini m&m's to the top of mine after my kids requested to add some.
Aug 2, 2015
Absolutely delicious brownies, best homemade recipe I've found yet! I even make them gluten free for my brother's & they still turn out good!
Jul 30, 2015
Sep 30, 2014
These turn out perfectly every time. Have not used another recipe in about 15 years after finding this one.
Jul 20, 2014
I've made these two times. There are never any leftovers!
Jun 10, 2014
Used to make brownie sundaes....so good!
May 28, 2014
These are dense and fudgy and rich. My declared them 'very chocolately'.
May 27, 2014
These are easy and yummy. The only downside is that the dough was a bit thicker than I'm used to and they turned out a bit drier than I like (I like my brownies gooey). Next time I'll try taking them out of the oven at 20-25 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.