- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 to 20 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups (6 to 10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Add next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Heat 3 to 4 tortillas in a microwave until warm, about 45 seconds. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of beef mixture down side of each tortilla. Top with 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese. Roll up. Wrap each burrito in paper towel, then in foil. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate. Eat burritos cold, or remove foil and heat paper towel-wrapped burrito in a microwave on high for about 1 minute. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forBrown-Bag Burritos
"These were awesome. It sure beats the taco seasoning you get in packets. will definitely make again."
"have made it a few times now... Love it.. I have given this recipe to everyone that has tried them... Really make these , they are just so good.."
"awesome!!! The filling takes great as a dip w/ tortilla chips. It is also perfect if you replace all of the beef w/ additional refried beans - vegetarian burritos. Yummy"
"This was great, the burrito was fantastic."
"Very good flavor for the filling. Just a touch too salty, so will cut the salt next time. I'm afraid I over-filled my tortillas so it only made 10 with a little mixture leftover. Made a yummy dinner and it is a good snack for my growing boys after school. Will definitley make again."
"We didn't have any cheddar cheese, so we just used Mozzarella. It turned out great! We also put some shredded green leaf lettuce, salsa, and sour cream in our burritos and it added a lot of flavor. Very, very, very yummy and simple!"
"These were delicious & SO convenient! Both my husband & I thought this was a very good idea,for someone to come up with this recipe.Beings there is no lettuce or other veggies in them, you don't have to worry about them being soggy. I set them out for a little while so they aren't real cold when ready to eat.Very good choice of foods you Love!"
"Explain this to me, "judedarlin"...How can you review a recipe that you HAVE NEVER MADE?? How can you give it "3 stars" based on reading the ingredients? This is absurd, and I really think it's ridiculous. Come back and review it and rate it after you make it..that will lend some credibility to your rating and review. It's very odd to come on here and say, "I "would" definitely make this recipe"....and give it a rating!! huh?? WEIRD.I had to click on "yes or no" and the number of stars in order to make this comment, but I wouldn't do so just to tell everyone how I "would" make this recipe!! sheesh."