Bread Machine Naan
Total TimePrep: 1 hour 55 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 1/4-in. thick oval. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush tops with water. In a greased large skillet, cover and cook dough, wet side down, over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Turn dough; cover and cook for 30 seconds longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough.
Nutrition Facts1 naan: 363 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 19, 2017
excellent recipe. made heaps of naan breads. I used garlic salt instead of plain, 1 x 125 pot of yoghurt instead of the whole 3/4C and accidentally used the knead and rise setting, then rolled them out extra thin, cooked and sprinkled with more garlic salt and they made excellent salad wraps. I made another batch and rolled them out thicker and cooked to go with a butter chicken curry. plan to keep trying variations with herbs and spices to match various meals. they also keep well and refresh easy with a few seconds warming in a microwave.
May 4, 2016
I made this to go with a curry dish my family was having, and thought it was great. I used my mixer rather than bread machine, and used sour cream as I didn't have any yogurt. This is a fantastic recipe. It has that chewy texture that I haven't been able to get from other naan recipes. Brushing with garlic butter takes this over the top!
Mar 13, 2016
Very good. The recipe does not say what to grease the large skillet with though--vegetable oil, olive oil, butter? I used butter flavored olive oil and it came out very delicious.
Mar 9, 2014
Great recipe! I agree with the other review and will sprinkle kosher salt when they are done.
Jul 15, 2012
This recipe was actually fabulous! I did add 4 tablespoons to the machine after four minutes in the dough cycle. It turned out very attractive and delish. However, I will sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt after cooking the next time I make this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.