Bread Machine Multigrain Bread
This healthful loaf loaded with whole grains couldn't be much easier to make—you just combine the ingredients in a bread machine and let it doe the rest of the work for you! Stack slices high with leftover turkey or ham from your special meals. —Ruth Skafte, Fort St. John, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup seven-grain cereal
- 1/3 cup flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all the ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 148 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Multi Grain Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.