- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; set top aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the process cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in the ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, toss reserved bread cubes with oil and butter. Place on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Unwrap loaf and remove bread top; stir filling. Serve with vegetables and toasted bread cubes. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forBread Bowl Fondue
"Not a big fan of Velveeta cheese, but overall this recipe was pretty good! Nice addition for a dinner party that I hosted."
"This has become my daughter's favorite dip. I put ingredients in bowl and microwave 2 minutes at a time (stir) until melted and then put in hollowed out Hawaiian bread bowl. I cut up Hawaiian rolls into cubes for dipping, but anything is good in this dip. I did add more Velveeta. You don't have to be real accurate on amounts. I do it a little different each time, and it's always good."