Brain Food Smoothie
My grandson refuses fruits and vegetables almost completely. After he and our son moved home, I tried everything to improve his diet. This smoothie was one of the only ways I could sneak him something nutritious, and he loves it! —Sandra Roberts, Dexter, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries or frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 215 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Brain Food Smoothie in Taste of Home February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.