- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheeses, sour cream, Cognac, salt and pepper. Add shallots and mix well. Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Spread cheese mixture into prepared bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unmold onto a serving plate; garnish with walnuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forBlue Cheese Spread
"This is my favorite blue cheese spread/ball recipe. If you like blue cheese you must try it!! Delicious!!!"