Shallot-Blue Cheese Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in blue cheese and caramelized shallots. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables): 116 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 6, 2015
Made this for a bbq and everyone loved it. I sprinkled some crispy bacon on top at the last minute for some extra crunch.
Dec 1, 2011
This was a huge hit at our family thanksgiving. I had pretzels, fresh veggies, and sliced baguette as dipping options.