Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Try my tasty blue cheese spin on classic potato salad. You can easily double the recipe for large picnics or potlucks. —Jennifer Lewis, Britton, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 7-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, pepper sauce, salt and pepper to hot potatoes; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring gently halfway through standing. Add eggs, onion, celery, pickles and green onions. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until cold.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Potatoe Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.