- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, tomato, bacon and pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, water, barbecue sauce, vinegar and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad
"Delicious! I took the past poster's comment and left out the water. To me, the consistency was correct after I did that."
"Good but would tweak a few things next time. I thought the salad needed more bacon and the dressing was very runny. Perhaps leaving out the water as another reviewer suggested would be a good solution. I used penne pasta rather than bowties because that's what I had on hand, and I substituted cherry tomatoes cut in half for the one medium tomato because that is also what I had on hand. Worked out just fine!"
"The salad was great, but will use a different dressing next time. I think Caesar dressing would be good along with some shaved parmesan."
"I made this for a light supper for my sister and niece. They gave it a thumbs down. I may make it again, adding more bacon, and tweaking the dressing by leaving out the water which renders it tasteless, and adding herbs, maybe Ranch mix to give more flavor."
"I will make again but without the dressing."
"very tasty! The only thing we changed was not adding water to the dressing. It just didn't need it."
"Great recipe! Everyone loved it!"
"how many calories in this?"