BLT Salad with Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 cups torn romaine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon to drain.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, tomato and dressing. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 358 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 16, 2016
Only made half the recipe to try since there are only three of us.... wish I had made the whole one. This is delicious!! Great as leftovers the next day too..... we fought over them.... this is a keeper......thanks for sharing!!!
Jul 19, 2014
This is a new favorite for me, though I prefer it without the romaine. I just love pasta! So simple yet yummy!
Jul 2, 2014
My family always loves this salad. You can substitute mayonnaise for the ranch and I add croutons just before serving for a little crunch.
Jul 1, 2014
I don't like Ranch dressing so I'm trying to figure out what to use that won't drown out the taste.
Aug 4, 2013
I made this for the local 4-H potluck. Everyone liked it and I had no leftovers to bring home. The regular pasta is easy exchanged for gluten free pasta.
Oct 14, 2012
My 14-year-old daughter was the one who originally found this recipe and decided to try it. It's very good and very easy to make.
Jun 14, 2012
Love this salad I see making this often. I used Hormel Real Bacon bits and Light Ranch dressing to lower the calories and fat which took this down to only 152 calories per serving. The little bit of left overs made a great lunch the next day
Jul 5, 2011
Awesome!!! My Family and friends LOVE this salad. I am always asked to bring this to the dinner or lunch table.
May 9, 2011
I am gonna make this tonight for dinner for my mom! LOVE YOU MOMMY!
Dec 31, 2010
Definitely a keeper - this was easy to make and delicious. I added hard boiled eggs and blue cheese and doubled the tomatoes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.