Bistro Chicken Fettucine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked spinach fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, julienned
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions for al dente; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Transfer to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook and stir until no linger pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove chicken. Add remaining oil to skillet; stir in next five ingredients, and saute 4-6 minutes. Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir in wine and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced slightly, about 2-4 minutes. Pour chicken mixture over fettuccine; add cheese and tarragon. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Top with toasted walnuts.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cup: 561 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Nov 18, 2017
Yum! My family loved the unique combination of flavors in this dish. It livened up our usual boring pasta night! I omitted the goat cheese, since we have dairy allergies, and it was still delicious.
Oct 14, 2017
This is absolutely delicious. Made this for the family and... instant hit! Also, leftovers were at least as good as the day the recipe was made!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.