- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews forBest Lasagna Soup
"I won't make this, because no Lasagna I've ever had has corn in it. Maybe if you gave it a different name. Sorry."
"Not too bad but it lacks some spices. Very bland and in desperate need of more flavor. I will make it again but do some experimenting."
"Very very good and easy to make! I made a few substitutions - I added a few more veggies -(bell peppers, mushrooms and used Italian sausage instead of beef - chicken stock instead of beef stock). when serving I mixed a little mozzarella and ricotta in the bottom of the bowl and ladled soup on top."
"I thought this soup was delicious. I made it exactly according to the recipe. The only thing I would change is that I would use less pasta because liquids were absorbed by the pasta in what was leftover and I really enjoyed the flavor of the broth. I thought it was flavorful and best of all, it was quick so I can make it on a weekday."
"Although this tasted slightly more like chili to me than lasagna, I still enjoyed this recipe. I omitted the corn and added extra cheese. Very flavorful and a big hit with the family."
"I just made this soup. I did 1/2 the recipe as there is only me, I have not added the parmesan cheese as of yet but it seems to be lacking something. Would definitely make again."
"I agree with others that I don't know why this is called Lasagna soup. Still, it was hearty and tasty, so I'm glad I tried it and will probably make it again."
"easy to make, very hearty, good taste. I added more Italian seasoning than called for, plus basil and Mrs. Dash. Like others mentioned, I also used smaller noodles, cooked them separately, and added them at the end. However, unless you're going to eat the soup immediately, the noodles will still plump up too much and absorb a lot of the soup's liquid."
"I thought this was very good and easy to make.I made as written.My family enjoyed it even my health conscience daughter in law.Oh by the way Meinsewa Lasagna is the singular for Lasagne"