- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Place carrots and bay leaves in a large bowl. In a dry small saucepan, toast caraway seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Stir in water, sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour over carrots. Refrigerate, covered, overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Transfer mixture to covered jars. Refrigerate up to 1 month. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBelarus Pickled Carrots
"I made this Easter Sunday for a crowd and it went over very well despite the skepticism when told they were picked carrots. I served it as a salad and my husband and I loved it! Will definitely make this again!!"