Pickled Baby Carrots
With mild herb flavor and crunchy texture, these baby carrots make a delightful addition to an appetizer tray or a casual meal. Plan ahead because they need to chill for several hours. —Audrey Cremer, Harmony, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in carrots. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon.