Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 3-inch julienne strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), broken
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, whole cloves and mustard seed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool; pour over the carrots.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Discard cloves and cinnamon. Serve carrots with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 103 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 9, 2019
i pickled these months ago and just got around to trying them. They were amazing!
Jul 10, 2017
This is one of my favorite pickle recipes!!
Jul 4, 2012
I've been making a similar recipe for years using a sugar substitute. I don't use mustard seed and I use 2 cinnamon sticks and 6 cloves. I keep a container of them in the fridge for a quick snack or to serve with sandwiches.