Barbecued Party Starters
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
Makes16 servings (1/3 cup each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on high or until heated through, 2-3 hours.
- Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, until heated through, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 237 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Feb 4, 2020
This is one of the dishes I made for the Super Bowl party we had. Loved how simple it was to make. Everyone seemed to enjoy the sweet bbq flavor. I did not use the beef and onion to make meatballs because I already homemade meatballs in the freezer. Due to the fact that I used frozen meatballs, it needed a longer cook time. To speed it up after 2 hours on low, I cooked it on high for 30 minutes and then went back to low and added the pineapple.
Dec 31, 2012
I havent made this yet, but you are from my home town. I think that is awesome I found this on New Years Eve. It has everything in it we love. Thanks.