Barbecued Party Starters
These sweet and tangy bites will tide over everyone until dinner. At the buffet, set out some fun toothpicks to make for easy nibbling. —Anastasia Weiss, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
Makes16 servings (1/3 cup each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on high or until heated through, 2-3 hours.
- Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, until heated through, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 237 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Barbecued Nibblers in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.