My sister craves this appetizer so much that I made a batch and carried it on the plane when I flew to New Mexico to visit her. The combination of creamy brie with earthy sauteed mushrooms is scrumptious. —Melody Ansell, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh assorted mushrooms
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup port wine
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper; cook until golden brown, 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Remove rind from top of cheese. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Top with mushroom mixture. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Brie with Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p15