On cold winter mornings in Wisconsin, Mom warmed us up by serving this deliciously sweet cereal. Winters are mild here in North Carolina, but this oatmeal is still one of my favorites.
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- In a large saucepan, heat milk, brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Apple Oatmeal in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p83
Reviews forBaked Apple Oatmeal
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011