- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat broiler. Mix cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir in bacon and green onion.
- Place mushrooms in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan, stem side up. Fill with cream cheese mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until heated through, 4-6 minutes. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forBacon-Stuffed Mushrooms
"These were delicious and came together very quickly. I did as other reviews mentioned and baked first to cook the mushrooms, then broil, but my cheese melted too much. The flavor was still there and just wonderful, but not as pretty as they should have been. Will follow the recipe exactly next time."
"I was looking for a simole mushroom recipe to make for an appetizer. This was awesome! Very simple. I did use real bacon that i cooked and sprinkled with some shredded cheddar."
"Super good and super simple. I used the Garden Vegetable for a little added flavor."
"Perfect! Best recipe I've found so far for stuffed shrooms!"
"Always a hit with mushroom lovers. I add more garlic for extra flavor!"
"My guests have come to expect me to try out new recipes on them. This one go rave reviews!"
"Would not change this recipe at all. I take this to parties and people just rave over them. Thanks for a recipe that will stay in my family."
"They were good, but basic. Not a whole lot of flavour."
"Made these for a Christmas party and everyone raved! I followed other's suggestions and baked them covered for 10-15 minutes so the mushrooms were soft. Great recipe!"
"Really enjoyed these, easy to make and very tasty. We love green onion so I added more than recipe asked for. Will be making these again."