- 1 pound beef tenderloin or top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Toss beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute beef 2 minutes. Add garlic and green onion; cook and stir until beef is browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute asparagus and mushrooms until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add beef, soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through, tossing to combine. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Beef Saute
"Not sure why so many 5-star reviews. I thought this was bland and it had no sauce. I did like that it was simple with few steps, but with all the chopping it definitely took longer than 30 minutes. I might try it again but I'd modify it to add a zesty stir-fry sauce next time."
"Wonderful recipe. Followed the recipe except: no mushrooms but I think they would be wonderful. Added a minced jalape?o, and a dollop of chili garlic sauce at the end because we love spicy. Served over brown jasmine rice, and it was great. Side dish was cakes with salt and rice wine vinegar."
"This is a very quick, tasty recipe. I will add more green onion to this next time and be a little heavier handed with the seasonings. Great for a weekday meal or even lunch."
"Pretty great recipe. I added a bit of powdered garlic and used coconut oil for the asparagus-- it still came out delicious, but I'd opt for a different oil next time."
"It was a big hit with my grandkids!! This is a keeper!"
"My son's favourite stir fry....its a keeper."
"Excellent! We will definitely prepare this one again."
"grate some ginger root in there!"
"My husband and I love this. Hubby does most of the cooking since he is retired and I still work, and he makes this a couple of times a month. Very tasty!"
"This was pretty good. Hubby found it a little bland, though we didn't have any lemon juice so that might make the difference. Will make again."