Asian Snow Pea Toss
My love for Asian flavors sparked the idea for this easy, healthy side dish. For this Asian salad, I use just-picked peas from our garden and serve it with grilled chicken. — Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shelled edamame
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the marmalade, vinegar, sesame oil and ginger; set aside.
- Cook edamame according to package directions, adding the snow peas during the last minute of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Stir in the black beans, red pepper and green onions. Add the marmalade mixture, mandarin oranges, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Asian Snow Pea Toss in Fast Track 2019