I created this dish on a whim to feed my hungry teenagers. It's since become a dinnertime staple, and, now, two of my grandchildren make it in their own kitchens. —Judy Batson, Tampa, FL
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked whole grain thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Toss beef with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry coleslaw mix and onion until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Add spaghetti and remaining teriyaki sauce; toss and heat through. Stir in beef. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Beef & Noodles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Reviews forAsian Beef & Noodles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2017
"This was pretty good, but both my husband and I felt that it needed "something". Maybe garlic, ginger, a few drops of Sriracha? Fish sauce? All of the above? I will experiment."