- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut up
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and set aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in apricot nectar, water and orange peel. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in butter and pecans. Pour over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forApricot-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
"This was a delightful change to our typical sweet potato recipe. I couldn't find apricot nectar so I cut out the sugar and used some apricot preserves instead. We really loved the added flavor and sweetness!"
"I love this recipe. I cut the sugar and it was still sweet enough for me."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. I did add some marshmallows and toasted them in the oven for the last 5 minutes before serving. I could not find apricot nectar so used orange juice instead. They were wonderful!"
"I made this for the first time many years ago and now it is requested for all family Thanksgiving dinners. Family members who never cared for sweet potatoes love these!"
"This was delicious! Although, the flavour was slightly more acidic than I'd have liked. I'll make it again some other time, I think."