Apricot-Glazed Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter and salt. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until smooth.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add apricot mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 120 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2018
Crazy! I prepared (pork) Tenderloin with Herb Sauce last night and this recipe was recommended as an accompaniment. I ended up using a 10-ounce box of frozen spinach (for two people) instead, because I had no green beans in the freezer and because spinach is green. I added a heaping tablespoonful of preserves and about a teaspoon of butter. It was an unqualified success. I know I will go back to this recipe a lot — DH will demand it. And I have already added green beans to my shopping list because I don’t want to get blindsided again.
Oct 27, 2015
Delicious. Very surprising way to cook green beans, and it is nice way to enjoy vegetables. Definately not boring! A suggestion is to have this as a side dish with a pork main entree. However, it would be great with chicken, too.
Oct 17, 2014
So easy and delicious!
Mar 20, 2012
Yummy! My kids ate green beans!!
Jul 21, 2011
I loved it. I used frozen green beans though its what I had,it was easy and delicious! My brother and 9yr old nephew stopped over and had them try it and they also loved it. Will make it again.