- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pork chops in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mix remaining ingredients; spoon over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApplesauce-Glazed Pork Chops
"Full of flavor"
""Good stuff!"<------ a direct quote from my husband. This one's a keeper. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I also added about ten minutes to the cooking time since my chops were at least an inch thick."
"It was good I added ginger and cinnamon to the sauce with a side of broccoli the husband loved it"
"I quadrupled the glaze. My chops were frozen and about 3/4" thick so took them about 1hr. So delicious. I also took them out every 20mins to rotate because I had them in 9x9 baking dishes, but I'd follow the recipe if I had the bigger dish and thinner chops. THANKS!!!"
"[email protected] made this tonight with home made applesauce. My family loved the flavor and very moist chops. Next time i I will have to double the recipe."
"Just made this, only with a little more then what the recipe calls for and minusWorcestershire sauce. Turned out AMAZING!!!!!! Def, going to make this again! ALSO... Cook time is a little longer when using pork Shoulder."
"not for us"
"My mother and I loved this recipe. The only problem was the glaze cooked off of it for the most part.I used boneless chops and cut the sauce in half. They were so juicy and tender and unbelievably tasty. This is definitely a keeper!"
"It was too saucy and chops were not moist. I would consider cooking in crockpot."
"I liked the recipe a lot, but my husband didn't, so I won't be making it again."