Apples ‘n’ Cream Pancake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Heat a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet in at 450° oven until hot. Add butter to the skillet; spread over entire bottom. Pour in batter; bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cream cheese. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Fill pancake with 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture and top with apples. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over apples and sprinkle with nuts. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 265 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2018
Delish! Could definitely cut back on the sugar, but it was good!!
Feb 19, 2018
Wow! I was a little unsure about how the crisp apples would taste with the warm pancake, but it was so decadent! My picky 3 year old gobbled this right up! I, personally, thought it was a bit sweet, but overall this was a very easy recipe to make and I would love to make it again.
Nov 14, 2017
I was very unsure of the batter with only a half cup of flour. However, it came out awesome. I added cinnamon to the batter . It tasted like a cinnamon roll with apples. it was very good and I make it again.
Jan 19, 2014
Oh, why this recipe is just wonderness. At the end, when all them snacks is fancied, I add a little heavy wippy cream on the top; only haff a carton, but it atts this spongy yum to it!
Jul 31, 2010
Great recipe! It was a big hit! Easy to make and very tasty. A great change of pace for breakfast but not for those who are watching their diet. I will definitely be making this again and will use it when company stays over.