Apple Mallow Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fold in the apples, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in the peanuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 177 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 22, 2018
I agree it’s on the sweet side, so I added maraschino cherries and it offset it. Very good!
May 16, 2013
Fantastic all who had it like it. (10 people)
Nov 13, 2011
Made this for a crowd and it was a hit!!! Everyone wanted the recipe.
Oct 10, 2010
good, not great. i thought it was too sweet. if i make it again, i'll cut sugar to 1/4 cup.
Sep 7, 2010
This sounds like it could be a great dessert too.
Sep 7, 2010
My family loved this salad, if you want to sugar it up I have even cut up about 8 mini snicker bars. I cant wait to make it again.
Jul 15, 2008
This sounds delis, I always have apples and this is perfect for my 5 yr old. Apples & marshmallows!
Jul 3, 2008
this is the best!!!!!!
Dec 10, 2007
I would have never thought add flour? I'm going to try this one.