Apple Mallow Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fold in the apples, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in the peanuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 177 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 16, 2013
Fantastic all who had it like it. (10 people)
Nov 13, 2011
Made this for a crowd and it was a hit!!! Everyone wanted the recipe.
Oct 10, 2010
good, not great. i thought it was too sweet. if i make it again, i'll cut sugar to 1/4 cup.
Sep 7, 2010
This sounds like it could be a great dessert too.
Sep 7, 2010
My family loved this salad, if you want to sugar it up I have even cut up about 8 mini snicker bars. I cant wait to make it again.
Jul 15, 2008
This sounds delis, I always have apples and this is perfect for my 5 yr old. Apples & marshmallows!
Jul 3, 2008
this is the best!!!!!!
Dec 10, 2007
I would have never thought add flour? I'm going to try this one.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.