Apple-Herb Club Sandwich
Sliced apples and a dill spread give this club-style sandwich, prepared by our Test Kitchen, lots of flavor. Filled with turkey, ham and cheese, it's sized just right for a hungry twosome.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 thin slices deli turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 4 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, grind the tarragon, thyme and dill until mixture becomes a fine powder. Transfer to a small bowl; add the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spread on two slices of bread. Layer each with turkey, apple, cheese, ham and lettuce. Spread mustard on remaining bread; place over lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 439 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1871mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Club Sandwich in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.