There's no need to pull out your rolling pin to make this sweet treat. It has an easy press-in crust under a mouthwatering apple and custard filling.—Love Creek Orchards, Carol Adams, Medina, Texas
Recommended: 50 Pumpkin Patch Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples, (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Arrange apples over the crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- For custard, whisk milk, egg and sugar in another small bowl until smooth; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Custard Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p65
Reviews forApple Custard Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2012
"Very yummy! But I added more custard."
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
"I have made this several times. It is easy to make and yummy!"