- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Arrange apples over the crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. For custard, whisk milk, egg and sugar until smooth; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forApple Custard Pie
"Very yummy! But I added more custard."
"I have made this several times. It is easy to make and yummy!"