- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 12 cups seasoned stuffing cubes (about 20 ounces)
- 2 medium apples, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add stuffing cubes, apples, rice, cranberries and seasonings; toss. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forApple-Cranberry Stuffing
"I decided to try this recipe as this week, the Cook's Corner was having an Apple Ingredient Challenge. I've made adjustments to this recipe by using: a package (6-oz.) cornbread stuffing (Kraft Stovetop) and preparing the stuffing with 1-1/2 cups chicken broth and 1/3 cup butter. Bring the broth and butter just to a boil in medium saucepan. Add stuffing mix. Stir together, then cover and remove from the heat. Allow stuffing to stand for 5 minutes. Prepare a 2 serving portion of cooked brown instant rice with 1 cup water, 1 Tbsp. tub margarine and 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt for flavoring. Bring water, salt and margarine to a boil; add instant brown rice and then bring just to a boil again. Remove from heat and allow rice to stand 5 minutes longer. I added 2 finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples, 1 small onion, finely chopped, 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries, 1/2 tsp. pepper, cooked rice to the prepared stuffing mixture. I omitted poultry seasoning and parsley flakes since the stuffing already had herbs added! I transferred mixture to a greased 13x9x2" baking pan, which I'd sprayed with PAM and then spread around in the pan. I baked stuffing 30 minutes, covered, with foil and vents cut in foil to allow steam to escape, using 350o F. oven temperature setting. I uncovered stuffing and I baked 15 minutes longer until lightly browned. I found this stuffing to be quite tasty and moist!Thank you for sharing this, Miranda Allison! delowenstein"