Anything Goes Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 9-1/2 hours
Makes15 servings (about 4 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water and soups until blended. Add the vegetables, bouillon, parsley and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk; cover and cook 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2019
There is an ad in the recipe ingredients that doesn't allow me to see everything
Mar 2, 2018
Wonderful recipe, full of amazing flavors, have made it several times for us & also share with family & friends when I take food for a meal.
Apr 5, 2017
Amazing soup, the broth is to die for. I used hot sausage and 6oz evaporated milk. Wow
Oct 24, 2016
I make this soup for work lunches and always get requests for the recipe and to make it again and again.
Oct 5, 2014
What a great soup!! Adding the evaporated milk at the end is like adding a bow to a present!!!
Feb 6, 2013
The sausage seemed to get lost in this hearty soup. I will make again but adding more sausage.
Jan 26, 2013
WOW!! What a great recipe. Followed directions as written except zucchini (which I didn't have but will add next time) and I used some elk italian sausage which added a little zip and lowered fat content. Definitely added to meal rotations.
Jan 18, 2013
I had a ton of compliments on this recipe, and many people asked for the recipe. It is easy to throw together, and is good and tasty.
Jan 10, 2013
Super! Everyone loved it. Made according to recipe and will definitely make again. Even the non- soup lover, said it was very good and took left-overs.
Jan 9, 2013
Delicious! I used turkey smoked sausage (health reasons) and no zucchini (family reasons). I think ham would be great also with the potatoes, cabbage, and cheese soup. (p.s. Great with cheese crackers!)