Country Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 387 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1279mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 11g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2016
A soup with wonderful flavor! I cut the thyme in half just because I'm not a real fan of thyme. I do think it needs to be there just not as much!
Apr 5, 2014
I can't believe how good this soup is with so few ingredients! I did add some frozen spinach and canned fire roasted tomatoes with seasonings but kept everything else the same. I will definitely be making this again. Serve with some crusty bread for a delicious meal!
Jan 9, 2014
I have been making this soup since I first saw it in your magazine in 2011. It is so easy and so good.
Jan 12, 2011
This is an amazingly easy, flavorful soup. I sometimes leave out the rosemary cuz my family isn't crazy for it. You won't even miss it.
Mar 20, 2009
This is one of the best soups I have ever tasted! I get requests every week for it and if I don't eat quick there is none left. I usually serve it with french bread.