Country Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes4 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 387 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1279mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 11g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 21, 2020
I followed the recipe and it didn't do anything for me, family and sorry to say friends This is not a soup I would make again.
Jul 14, 2019
awesome soup! will definitely make again
Jan 21, 2016
A soup with wonderful flavor! I cut the thyme in half just because I'm not a real fan of thyme. I do think it needs to be there just not as much!
Apr 5, 2014
I can't believe how good this soup is with so few ingredients! I did add some frozen spinach and canned fire roasted tomatoes with seasonings but kept everything else the same. I will definitely be making this again. Serve with some crusty bread for a delicious meal!
Jan 9, 2014
I have been making this soup since I first saw it in your magazine in 2011. It is so easy and so good.
Jan 12, 2011
This is an amazingly easy, flavorful soup. I sometimes leave out the rosemary cuz my family isn't crazy for it. You won't even miss it.
Mar 20, 2009
This is one of the best soups I have ever tasted! I get requests every week for it and if I don't eat quick there is none left. I usually serve it with french bread.