- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut. Add sour cream and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAmbrosia Salad
"I love this fruit salad. The only thing that I do differently is use a cup of Dannon's light and fit vanilla yogurt instead of the sour cream. That yogurt is soooo delicious in this recipe. I sometimes add green grapes cut in half and always double the recipe.Try it with the Dannon's light and fit vanilla. Outstanding !"
"My family has been making this for as long as I can remember. One tip is to mix the sour cream, coconut, and marshmallows together first, before mixing in the pineapple and mandarin oranges. This helps keep the mandarin oranges from being crushed by too much mixing."
"EX!!!!! Very Yummy!"
"This is so simple and tasty. Great dish to bring to potlucks."
"I have been making this for years my family loves it"
"Very good! So simple with just a few ingredients. I will be making it again!"
"This is simple yet tasty. I have made it with vanilla Greek yogurt with good results too.December 12th is National Ambrosia Day"
"I've made this but instead of a can of pineapple chunks I use a can of mixed fruit and instead of white marshmallows I use the coloured ones."
"This is what we always called '5 cup salad'....love this stuff. Can't get enough!"