Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 4 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Drain fruit cocktail, pineapple and oranges, reserving 3 cups juice. Set fruit aside; pour juice into a 4-qt. bowl. Add pudding mix and mix until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add whipped topping and mix until smooth. Fold in fruit; chill for several hours. Top with pecans just before serving if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 22, 2018
Great for large family gatherings.
May 22, 2014
I've been making this for years! It's what I will usually take to cook outs and parties if I want to take something sweet, cool, and refreshing that serves a large crowd and looks pretty too! You can't go wrong with this one folks!!
Apr 15, 2014
I have been making this Ambrosia for several years,for work or church and family get togethers! It is always on the top of the list of will you make...! By requesters it is known as the "Green Stuff" and I can't go to or have any function that they don't ask if there will be "green stuff" lol. It is very refreshing and loved!
Mar 16, 2014
Love...love...love this recipe. Easy to make. I usually double it because it doesn't last long.
Nov 23, 2013
I know this recipe as Watergate. It also often has marshmallows in it. Watergate/Pistachio Ambrosia - it's a tummy pleaser by either name!
Sep 14, 2013
I looked for this recipe I remembered from when I was a little girl . I remembered something similar at our church picnics. However the recipe I remembered had colored mini marshmallows. I decided to make this and right before serving , I stirred in the marshmallows. It is delicious. I was not disappointed. Thank you for giving me a memory from my childhood. Making it again now for our dinner with some friends. :)
Mar 1, 2013
My family and I love this recipe for our parties. Most eat this as a dessert. I use Canned fruit in its own juice.and I use Low Fat sour cream and whipped toppings.Deeeelicious!
Jan 7, 2013
Delicious just as written. A new favorite. Yum. Had to go back for seconds on a full stomach.
Jan 7, 2013
Delicious exactly as written. A new favorite. Yum.
Nov 8, 2012
I made this for a friend's wedding reception and it was a big hit. I'm not a fan of pecans but used chopped walnuts. Very satisfying dessert!!