- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in lemon peel, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough into four portions; shape each into an 8-in. x 2-in. rectangle on ungreased baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat remaining egg; brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forAlmond Citrus Biscotti