You may substitute additional eggnog if rum isn't your thing. For a variation, try using one of the flavored eggnogs available around the holidays. —Shannon Dobos, Calgary, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 teaspoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon dark rum, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in eggnog and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x3-in. rectangle. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 16-19 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 300°. Remove biscotti from pans to wire racks; cool 10 minutes.
- Place rectangles on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, trim ends of rectangles and cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Return to baking sheets, cut side down. Bake until firm, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Mix glaze ingredients. Drizzle over biscotti with a spoon.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 90 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.