7UP Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-75 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in zest. Drizzle over cake.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 3, 2019
I made this recipe to the letter. It can out bland and dry.
Nov 8, 2019
Made this today. Followed recipe exactly and it is perfect .
Oct 21, 2019
One of the Best! Starting making this back in 1969 when I was 10!
Sep 14, 2019
Aug 11, 2019
The secret to a wonderful pound cake is beating the butter and sugar until the sugar is mostly dissolved. The cake will be taller and have a moist fine crumb.
May 29, 2019
How much 7up is everyone using. I have a cake in the oven and used a cup of 7up and a splash I hope this turns out
Apr 25, 2019
Not a review, but a question. How much 7-Up?
Apr 22, 2019
This is the best recipe I have tried. This is my top place to get my cake recipes. Thank you very much.
Mar 7, 2019
Does anyone know if you could use ginger ale? It has a unique taste just not sure how it would taste
Jan 1, 2019
Your grandmother's cake is the best ! No changes needed, everyone loved it. One of my now top 5 cakes ... thank you.