7UP Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in lemon zest. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 21, 2018
A rich and delicious cake that's really easy to make. I made the cake according to the recipe but only used 7Up in the glaze and it was fine. Not too sweet. Definitely a keeper.TOH- Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 9, 2018
I Used 1 Cup Of Butter(Softened), 2 Cups Sugar,4 Medium Eggs, 1tbsp Vinalla, 3tbsp Lemon Juice, 2 Cups Flour, 1/2 Cup Diet 7UP. Added 1 tbsp Lemon Exract To The Glaze And Only Baked For 45min(Oven Was Pre Heated) ....I Don't Like Overly Sweetened Sweets And The Cake Came Out Just As GREAT!!!Mouth Watering Will Be Making Again Soon
Mar 25, 2018
I love making devil food cake with regular Coke cola soda . I haven't made that long time it have been 7year ago. See I'm baker it's lots of thing you can do with chocolate cake batter you mix up with soda and instant coffee flavors.and for yellow cake batter you mix up soda and . Tropical flavors. I have been baking for 35year and I love it and I love your recipe.from Anne Kimble
Mar 14, 2018
I made this cake and it was wonderful! My boyfriend couldn't stop eating it and took the entire cake home with him. I followed the recipe exactly, this recipe is a keeper! I'm not really a baker, but I followed the recipe and the cake looked beautiful!
Feb 2, 2018
I was so excited about baking this cake. The only exception I made was using cake flower. It was moist and loaded with flavor. My family and neighbors loved it.
Jan 30, 2018
Loved The Recipe My 7UP Pound Cake Turned Out Delicious Thank You
Jan 27, 2018
Dec 26, 2017
I followed the recipe exactly and the cake turned out amazing. My family loved it. It was so easy to make I am sure this is going to become a holiday tradition!
Dec 25, 2017
Wonderful recipe not to moist but most definitely not dense. I did;however, add one 8 oz. package of philly cream cheese to the recipe just as I always do with any form of pound cake perfect!!??
Jul 26, 2017
Excellent recipe! I did use 2T of soda for the glaze and it only took 55 minutes for mine to get done baking. A definite keeper.