7UP Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-75 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in zest. Drizzle over cake.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 26, 2020
This is the recipe that family has used generation after generation it comes out great fluffy and moist I am a Baker and this is a moist recipe something is wrong if the cake comes out any other way.
Jan 4, 2020
My mom used this same recipe for 40 years. It's the only recipe I use now, It is the best.
Dec 3, 2019
I made this recipe to the letter. It can out bland and dry.
Nov 8, 2019
Made this today. Followed recipe exactly and it is perfect .
Oct 21, 2019
One of the Best! Starting making this back in 1969 when I was 10!
Sep 14, 2019
Aug 11, 2019
The secret to a wonderful pound cake is beating the butter and sugar until the sugar is mostly dissolved. The cake will be taller and have a moist fine crumb.
May 29, 2019
How much 7up is everyone using. I have a cake in the oven and used a cup of 7up and a splash I hope this turns out
Apr 25, 2019
Not a review, but a question. How much 7-Up?
Apr 22, 2019
This is the best recipe I have tried. This is my top place to get my cake recipes. Thank you very much.